Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sloppy Joes

(Repost form my old food blog)

I have made Sloppy Joes for years. My family loves them. I actually get cheers when I say we are having Sloppy Joes for dinner! I've been asked for my recipe, but it's one of those recipes from my head.  Finally, I measured everything and actually wrote down the recipe.


Amy’s Sloppy Joes
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 3 Tablespoons minced onion
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups Ketchup
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Brown meat with onions and drain.
Return meat/onion mixture to skillet and add all ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes or so, stirring regularly.
Serve on hamburger buns or your choice of bread.
That's it! This recipe is super fast, and uses staples usually found in your kitchen. We like it because it's not too tomato-y and not too bar-b-que-y.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment