Monday, January 7, 2013

Beef Tips and Gravy

{Repost from my old food blog}

Can't you just taste this?


We have this at our house at least once or twice a month. It's one of my so easy "go-to" dishes. 

The original recipe can be found HERE.

This is my modification of the recipe:

Beef Tips with Gravy
  • 3 lbs beef stew meat
  • 1 large (26 oz) can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cans (14.5 oz) beef broth
  • 2 packets onion soup mix
I cut my stew meat up into small bite size pieces. Put all ingredients into a 6qt or larger slow cooker and stir together. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

When you are ready to serve, in a cup, combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of corn starch. Pour into slow cooker and stir into gravy. Stir occaisionally for about 10 minutes.

Serve over rice.


It is FABULOUS!

3 comments: