Thursday, January 10, 2013

A tip regarding ironing

Just a quick tip for you today.

Do you use starch when you iron? I do. Not on my quilting, but on clothes I do.

I have discovered a way to use starch very affordably and without those darn white flakes that occur when using starch.


Liquid starch! I first purchased this when I crocheted my first doily in 2009. I didn't realize then, how economical it is.

One 64 oz bottle is equal to 7 of the aerosol cans of starch. Guess that depends on how you like things starched; light, medium, heavy.

Personally, I like being able to control the amount of starch I am using and sure don't miss those darn white flakes!

I cannot remember what I pay for the 64 oz bottle, but it's definitely more cost effective than the spray cans and it's better on our environment, too!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I tried making my own and it didn't work and the smell from the aerosal cans makes me feel sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Sta-Flo liquid starch. For 32 oz, it is roughly $2.50 at Dollar General. Tanya @ tsturner@bop.gov

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaagh, the flakes. I had never considered using liquid starch. I just always go with what's familiar.

    ReplyDelete