Friday, January 11, 2013

Peanut Butter Chewies

(Repost from my old food blog)



These were my favorite dessert when they were in our school lunch. I got this recipe from a dear friend about 25 years ago and still love them! When I make a batch, they don't even last 24 hours here.


Peanut Butter Chewies
1 cup sugar
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 TBSP butter (or margarine)
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
7 cups corn flakes cereal

In a medium sauce pan, mix sugar and Karo together. Bring to a boil and add butter. Stir together then mix in peanut butter.

Pour mixture into large bowl. Stir in corn flakes until completely coated.

Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. I lightly mash mine into balls so they stick together better. Let cool and enjoy!

Makes about 30 chewies.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have even made a batch of these and shipped them overseas to David. Not quite as good as fresh (it takes about 10 days to get over there), but he still enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete