Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Steakhouse Salad

(Repost from my old food blog)

This is my interpretation of a salad from a major steakhouse restaurant chain.


Steakhouse Salad
Iceberg lettuce (I cut the head into 6 wedges)
Cherry tomatoes
Purple onion
Chunky blue cheese salad dressing
Blue cheese crumbles
and…
Balsamic Reduction Glaze


I had no idea about the Balsamic Reduction Glaze, so off to google I went. I found this recipe & tutorial. Mine turned out perfectly. However, it took mine nearly 4 hours. I think I cooked it just way too low in the beginning, once I turned the heat up a tiny bit, it thickened right up. Of course you can purchase Balsamic Glaze ready-made at the grocery store.

Place the lettuce wedge on a plate. Place a few cherry tomatoes along the sides of the lettuce. Garnish with a few slivers of sliced purple onion. Drizzle chunky blue cheese dressing over everything, to your taste. Drizzle glaze over everything, lightly. Even let a few drops hit the plate for “presentation”. Sprinkle a few blue cheese crumbles on top. There you have it! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment