Friday, November 25, 2011

Needing an escape

I love to travel. We haven't been anywhere outside of our city for four (yes, 4!) years. The furthest we have been is to Palo Duro Canyon and to Caprock Canyon. They were just afternoon trips, as Caprock Canyon is the furthest, about an hour and a half away.

I desperately need a break. A getaway. I have been so homesick for my home town and for my family. But then on the other hand a quiet, secluded getaway would be amazing!

To slip away for a few days to someplace like this would be pure heaven!


To curl up in front of a roaring fire and watch the snow fall...paradise for me!


I guess for now, I'll just dream of hopping on an airplane and flying off into the wilderness. Someday I will, someday.

1 comment:

  1. I am a strong believer in "get-aways". I do it every year without fail. I go back to my hometown and of course, see family, but mostly I get away from life for a week. It is nice not having to answer to anyone but myself!

    ReplyDelete