Friday, June 3, 2011

Steakhouse Salad

This is a re-post, in part, from my old blog.


Twice, my ex-husband and I have ate at a certain steakhouse restaurant. Twice he ordered this particular salad. Twice he raved insanely about this salad.

I finally asked about the only component I could not identify; it was Balsamic Glaze.

A week or two later I made the salad and NAILED IT! He raved insanely about MY salad.

I found a tutorial for the balsamic glaze online, here.

My observations of what I call Steakhouse Salad:
  • I DO NOT like blue cheese dressing.
  • I will try this salad with other dressings to see if I like it. (Ranch, Thousand Island, Italian)
  • Balsamic glaze can be used in many, many dishes.
  • Balsamic glaze can be purchased ready made, but from what I’ve read, it’s not nearly as good as making it yourself.
You can find the complete recipe on my recipe/food blog; Recipe Roundup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment