Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Colorful Candied Popcorn

This was time consuming and messy to make, but well worth it! This stuff is delicious!


Popped my popcorn.


Mixed my sweetened condensed milk and jell-o together. I used Berry Blue flavor in the photos. I made a second batch, using Lemon jell-o. I wasn't sure how it would taste but I love it! The jell-o flavors do not stay very strong on the popcorn, but the Lemon was outstanding. Doesn't taste lemon-y at all!


Lightly butter the foil to spread out the coated popcorn.


After coating all the popcorn, turn it out onto the buttered foil and spread out to dry.


Now, the finished product!


I found out about this recipe in a blog post here.

The recipe comes from the Eagle Brand Milk website and can be found here, or click the link below.


12 cups popped popcorn
1-14oz can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1-3oz box of jell-o or other sweetened gelatin

Heat oven to 300 degrees. Line shallow roasting pan with heavy foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Butter foil. (I used a 13x9 pan and regular weight foil. Worked just fine).

Remove all un-popped kernels. Pour popcorn into pan. Keep warm in the oven.

Combine sweetened condensed milk and jell-o in a saucepan. Heat and stir over low heat until this starts to thicken slightly and gets bubbly, 4-5 minutes.

Pour over popcorn. Using a wooden spoon, stir gently to coat. Bake 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.

Carefully turn out onto buttered foil. Cool. Break into pieces or clusters.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment