Friday, June 22, 2012

Let's go for a walk in photos

I was outside in the yard this morning taking photos and thought to myself that all these pretty photos would make a great post to show you around my yard/flowerpot garden.


Not looking great, but I still have hope. I had been neglecting all my little pretty plants and they almost died on me. A little Miracle Grow and they will look great really soon.


Pat-a-Pan squash blossoms. Never heard of it before, but the fruit is cute and edible, so I thought I'd give it a try.


Baby ears of popcorn for David! I honestly think my man can eat popcorn every single day and never tire of it.


Baby Big Bertha bell pepper.


A tiny little marigold flower trying to do it's job as a natural insecticide.


Rhubarb is something entirely new to me. Never grown it, never even eaten anything made with it. Oh the places we will go things we will do to grow food.


Baby heirloom tomato. This variety (can't remember the name) is the semi-equivalent to Roma.


Babies that I started from seeds. I know one is squash, maybe two. The other, I am not certain what it is.


Strawberries!


Harvest time for many herbs again!  Chamomile, Lemon Verbena, Oregano, Sage and Thyme.


See the baby Basil plant?!


Three different corn varieties, Okra, Cantaloupe and Watermelon(I think). Must re-pot all of this very soon!


New growth on the rose bushes that I nearly let die.

Well, that was my morning walk around the yard. Hopefully in a week or two, everything will perk up and look wonderful and provide lots of fresh food for our family.

3 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have just moved from the country to the village, so my gardening had to change. I now have to garden in containers. It's an adjustment, but one that I'm enjoying so far.

    I learned a lot from your post. Mainly there are so many things you can grow in containers! Thank you for the post. I plan on growing my rhubarb again in the container.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pat-a -Pan or Patty pan? Squash is the white round small squash. My neighbor had some growing and they were really good,nice texture,a little hard on the outside and you have to take the outside off cause the skin is tough.I fried mine.

    ReplyDelete