Saturday, May 25, 2013

Every living thing

deserves a chance.

We had a very late freeze here in the Texas Panhandle two weeks ago. Snow, even :-(

I had gone into Lowes for something, and as usual, I went into the garden center.

WOW! So many babies had been frost bit and were reduced at 50-70% off regular price.



This Hydrangea was on the clearance rack. It had really taken a beating.

I saw the branch that was split down the middle and just knew I would have to cut off the entire branch, but I didn't care. I have always wanted an Hydrangea and now I was going to have one at a price I was willing to pay.

So I gave it a few days to see what happened and I couldn't believe it! The split branch was not dying!!! It was generating new growth!

I bought a roll of floral tape today and taped it up good. Now I am hoping it will graft itself back together. Time will tell.


1 comment:

  1. The sick plant section is the first we visit when I'm at lowes. So many great deals for pennies

    ReplyDelete