Saturday, August 6, 2011

We are not farmers after all

I have the best family; but we are not farmers.

Mike and Felicity have only supported the goats and my little venture into turning our family into a farming, self-sufficient family because it was what I wanted. I knew that Mike helped out as much as he could to help me, but Felicity finally "fessed up" that she has never really liked dealing with so much work with the goats and chickens but wouldn't say so because she didn't want to hurt my feelings.

So, after a long couple of weeks, we have come to the conclusion that we are not farmers.

Thank you to everyone that left suggestions for names for our farm, but we will not be needing them after all.

After this weekend, we will no longer have any goats and the chickens will be very few.

We decided that with bringing in new children and all the activities that lie ahead of us once the school year starts, farming is just too much for us.


Our dogs and cats will be thrilled to be the center of our pet universe again. We are also keeping my beloved Seramas. As far as I'm concerned, I will have Seramas indefinitely. The whole family enjoys them and their sweet, unique personalities too much to be without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment