Sunday, July 27, 2008

Amy's Easy Baked Ziti

This is a recipe I came up with myself a few years ago.

It is Felicity's absolute favorite thing I cook and she could literally eat her weight in it at one sitting.

I've never measured anything when I make this, but once you read the recipe, you'll find it is easy to do without any measurements.


Amy's Easy Baked Ziti

Cooked & drained pasta (use what ever amount needed to feed your family). I use Wal*art's generic brand called "Penne Rigate". Any small tube type pasta will be fine.

Prepared spaghetti sauce. You can use your own homeade sauce, or jar sauce. (I use Prego Meat flavored). Again, the quantity depends on how much you will need to feed your family.

Grated Parmesan, Mozzerella or any Italian blend cheese. I buy mine pre-grated so I just buy the "Italian Blend" in the refrigerator section at the store. Amount? Well, cheese is like butter. One can NEVER have enough cheese or put too much cheese on a dish!

Here we go:

Place cooked/drained pasta into oven safe casserole dish (size depends on size of your family). Pour spaghetti sauce over pasta and stir together to coat pasta. Use as much or as little sauce as you like. Some like alot of sauce, others like the drier side with less sauce. Then, layer grated cheese over top of pasta.

Cover and place in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and starting to brown.

Serve with salad and garlic bread!!

There you go! I told you it was easy!!

Enjoy!
Shared:

No comments:

Post a Comment