Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 1

We finished the incubator around 10pm last night and it took until 1:45am to get the temperature and humidity levels stabilized and where they should be. The eggs went into the incubator at 1:45am on 12/7/08 for "day 1". Expected hatch date should be early 12/28/08.

We used the directions from "MissPrissy" over at Backyardchickens.com/forum to build our homemade incubator. Our ice chest is the same brand as hers, but looks to be about 1/3 larger. I also had to bump up to a 40 watt light bulb in order to get the temps up high enough. The incubator is so large I could incubate 5 dozen eggs in there at once, easily. Hummmm.

Here's the link to her instructions:

MissPrissy's Homemade Chic Chick Incubator

We were all involved in the making of the 'bator last night. Here's photos!



Mike swears he doesn't give a flip about anything to do with my chickens. Then why in the heck was he sitting there at midnight waiting for the temps to get where they need to be so I could put in the eggs???? LOL



Gregory checks out the incubator situation nearly as much as I do! :0)

Pardon the mess in my sewing room. I am in the middle of re-arranging things to make room for my chicks and the incubator!

No comments:

Post a Comment